Thursday, December 09, 2010

365 Days Card 283 White Space

Okay...so here is the the sketch for 
Just look at all that "White Space"
I decided to use my trusty dusty Silhouette SD machine
to help me out here.  I made a template
and then cut out the shape with my Silhouette SD.
I cut the shape out of plain beige cardstock...and embossed it with a sizzix holly texture plate.  Then I slightly ran some vintage photo over the top of the raised holly.  The edges were stamped and inked with Ranger's distress ink in peeled paint.  I spritzed all the die cuts with Tattered Angels "pearl" Glimmer mist.  Below is a close up.
The Holly die cut is one I painted in a free online editing program called GIMP.  I then used my Silhouette SD's Robo Master program to find the outline of that shape....printed it on my computer...and had my Silhouette SD cut it out.  I love that machine!
Each little Holly is attached to a scalloped circle (cut with a Fishkars punch) that I inked and stamped in the  same fashion as the edges of the card....except that I used a Bird stamp (the backs are holly like the edges of the card).
I made little hangers for them out of gold beading wire by Darice.  So the recipient of the card will have 4 cute little ornies. for their Christmas Trees.
Here is the inside with more die cuts that I created.  
Thanks for visiting!  Hopes this inspires you to be creative today!
Hugs!

P.S.  I am trying really hard not to add anything to the center front of this card...lol...no promises on that one.

3 comments:

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather