Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving Thankful Cards

Hello Friends, and Welcome to my blog!
I just wanted to let you know that
I found out yesterday that my Thanksgiving 
"Thankful Cards" will be featured on the 
So if you would like to use the Thankful cards for your 
Thanksgiving Dinner, just drop by their blog this Friday and you will be able to download the collage sheet.

I created these Thankful cards with Gecko Galz and
 Graphic Fairy images.  The idea behind the cards was to create a new family tradition.  Each member that will be attending my Thanksgiving dinner will receive one of the cards to write what they are Thankful for on.  Then we will read them on Thanksgiving day.  My kids and nephews all love to share what they are Thankful for, so I thought it would be great to have it written down..so we can keep them to look back on.
Here is one of the cards I created up close.  The backs have printed lines on them just in case more space is needed :-).
I have created a collage sheet that has the cards which are 3 by 5, so they will easily fit into a recipe holder that you can alter and keep them safe.  I created this little flip accordion album below to hold them in.
The background  and flower are made from Gecko Galz digi papers and the Orange flower with sentiment is from two different Graphic Fairy images that I put together in GIMP.  GIMP is a free online program..and I have GIMP tutorials here.
Here are some more photos of my album.  This is the back it has a shaped edge.
Here is the inside, I used the same image on the inside cover too :-)
You will see how I have my Thankful cards in the pockets.  Below is an up close of the turkey..and pocket.
Here are 3 of the 5 cards I designed.
This is what the collage sheet looks like below

If you would like to use these Thankful cards this Thanksgiving, then please visit the Passionately Artistic Blog this Friday.  They will also have a youtube tutorial I did on how to print out the sheet. 

Please remember these designs are for your personal use only.  They are not to be sold in any form to anyone else.  No collage cds etc.  

Hugs!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Your cards are really lovely! I will have to make sure I get over to pick up mine :) Congratulations on being featured..yahoo! for Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Heather! A great idea! Love the album you made for them as well!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:28 AM

    Delicious! (via Graphics Fairy)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather