Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow: Things with Wings

Hello Friends!!
Welcome to "Things with Wings" week at
When creating your vintage and shabby chic treasures this week make sure to add some
"Things with Wings"  Then head on over to Sugar Creek Hollow and link up with us!
I decided to be a little different this week and chose to have a "Halloween Bat" as my things with wings :0)
I used the Gecko Galz digital paper pack Hocus Pocus.  I created a bat template in Inkscape, and then used it to cut out the digital papers.
Pin It!
I used some fabulous ribbon and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon to decorate my Halloween Bat and make it "SpOoktaCularLy VinTage."
I used some of my favorite jewelry wire to create the hanger, along with some beads and Swirl Orange ribbon to create a fabby little bow.
I used my crop o dile to punch some holes to thread the wire through, and to add a little Halloween surprise to the bottom of the bat.
Orange grommets, beading wire with purple beads, brown sugar bakers twine, orange swirls ribbon,
and a antique bronze bat trinket finish off the bottom of my Halloweeny Ornie.
I just love how the bat itself turned out.
  I used the orange stripe "Hocus Pocus"  digital Paper from Gecko Galz for my background.  Next I glued down many fabby trims from Really Reasonable ribbon, starting off with the 1.5" Black netting, then the vintage Penelope lace trim, added some of the May Arts black leaves, and pumpkins.  I found a vintage black button added some of the spooktacular orange mini pom pom trim and Halloween baker's twine to spice it up!  It is going to look fabulous with the other Halloween Goodies on my Halloween tree!
I can't wait to see what kind of 
"Things with Wings" you use on your Vintage and Shabby creations, and link up with us at

I will be sharing with 
Make it Monday

I will be playing along with the following challenges

Thank you for Visiting!!
Hugs!!
Heather

10 comments:

  1. A very cute bat Heather!! Love this creation & the Gecko Galz papers are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, pretty bat, and I don't think I've ever said that about a bat before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I ADORE your bat!! You are so darned creative.. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your orange striped bat! Super cute! Love those little pumpkins too!
    Hugs BOLB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute heather...
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, I am batty for your vintage bat!!! How clever and unique. The papers are gorgeous, but my fave part is the way you curved the wire and your added charms.
    Great job....Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEKS so very clever! I would never have thought of this ....LOL
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you created the bat. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh now I see your bloggy Halloween look! So adorable Heather! And it looks to me like you have created even more Halloween die cuts! I am just witch green with envy! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. this is so amazing. Great details to create your fantastic Bat.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather